[OSM-talk] Comparing INSPIRE and OpenStreetMap data conference paper

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:05:09 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Noticed this content today, I don't think this has already been posted
here. If not, sorry for noise.

People of JRC (Joint Research Center) from European Commission released a
research paper about conflating the two approaches of INSPIRE (European
public data) and OSM.
https://www.int-arch-photogramm-remote-sens-spatial-inf-sci.net/XLII-4-W14/167/2019/

It gives many insights of usability and accessibility of data in the two
worlds from user perspective which is really interesting - for instance -
to drive change and improvement policies.
I don't made any conclusion from it for now, it may be interesting to
discuss about that.

A talk about it will be given tomorrow at FOSS4G conference.
https://twitter.com/MarcoMinghini/status/1166255122827157504?s=20

All the best

François