[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v4.22.0

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Aug 28 13:36:45 UTC 2019

28 Aug 2019, 08:13 by oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch:

> I did not understand these two changes. I would like to see an example on the map or/and read a wiki article about the building label, the shop label, and the ST_PointOnSurface.
>
> In the two following articles:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Shops
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:building
>
> there is neither word "label", nor "ST_PointOnSurface". I would like to learn about it and, probably, use it.

In this case "label" means "displayed name".

In general, in case of map styles it is useful to search also at the development site.

For this style it is https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto <https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto>

See https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/search?o=desc&q=ST_PointOnSurface&s=updated&type=Issues