[OSM-talk] OpenTrailView - updates

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 22:27:48 UTC 2019

Yes, this is the one.
I don't mind waiting for the approval process, but when the user has no
feedback "thanks for the photo, please wait few days for review before it
can be seen" it might give impression that something didn't work,
discouraging them from further uploads. You could even show the photos (on
map and panorama) to their logged-in authors/uploaders without any approval.

Interestingly, when i open my uploaded panorama on the phone (same as the
picture was taken with) it says:
"Your panorama is too big for your device! It's 8704px wide, but your
device only supports images up to 8192px wide. Try another device. (If you
are the author try scaling down the image.)"
Some quick googling confirmed that this is a WebGL device driver limitation.
https://github.com/mpetroff/pannellum/issues/444

br,
Štefan