[OSM-talk] Ways divided by paint?

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Jul 5 13:33:19 UTC 2019

On 7/4/2019 10:33 AM, Jack Armstrong Dancer at sprynet.com wrote:
> In the given example, turns were already permitted prior to the additional superfluous lanes being added. This creates confusion and unnecessary clutter and should not be encouraged. The intersection was fine before the addition of the highway links. The new links add nothing to the map other than clutter.
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?changeset=70997250#map=20/39.57344/-104.98491

   The links do improve turn-by-turn instructions, in the case of
following a large vehicle and not being sure where to leave the main
lane of traffic to make a left turn.    But it's also possible that
adding turn lanes and/or change:lanes could work (but I'm not familiar
with change:lanes enough to know for sure).

    I think some areas are more likely to add a physical divider based
on history of traffic flow and available funds.