[OSM-talk] Way to delete buildings added by specific user, or help reverting?

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 21:04:40 UTC 2019

Different people have different standards.  Normally in OpenStreetMap we
don't consider data consumers but they do exist.

In Canada for example there are different levels of government and
government agencies who would like to see buildings in Canada.  They are
available in different formats from a number of sources in Open Data
format with the correct licensing.  However combining them with other
sources means it is more convenient for many to use OSM.

We have had people complain that buildings have been mapped with too
much detail.  I'm probably guilty of using the JOSM buildings_tool to
simplify buildings and not include the bumps for garages when mapping in
Canada.  Talking to the government agencies and most would be delighted
with the level of detail and accuracy you've identified rather than have
nothing.

In Africa where I also map these would be considered to be more than
acceptable compared to many buildings that are mapped there.

If you zap them what's left and is it better to have nothing than
building outline that is approximately correct?

Cheerio John

Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>