[OSM-talk] handling street names in speech

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:36:12 UTC 2019

This approach I like. Name:expanded perhaps?

To go back to earlier ideas.

Expanding the name sounds sensible but unfortunately the street signs
are posted with the abbreviation and some local mappers have a what is
on the sign goes in the map mentality.  Also we have had discussions
about street names in Canada before and the decision was what the
municipality declares the street name is correct.  That was to do with
either "rue Sparks" or should it be "Rue Sparks" in Quebec it would be
one way but in Ontario the other.

Thoughts

Thanks John

Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>