[OSM-talk] Removing "Wikiproject" prefix from place pages

dcapillae dcapillae at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 10:39:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

No problem. There will be redirects automatically.

An external link to the "WikiProject United States" page is automatically
redirected to "United States". The same goes for "WikiProject Spain",
"WikiProject Argentina", etc.

The main difficulty is the time. You have to dedicate some time to rename
pages. You have to change not only the main page of the country, but also
the subpages:

WikiProject United States     -                           --->     United
States
WikiProject United States/Boundaries                --->     United
States/Boundaries
WikiProject United States/Railways                   --->     United
States/Railways
WikiProject United States/Road classifications   --->     United States/Road
classifications
etc.

The results are very good. Shorter and more appropriate page names. From the
smallest village to the largest country, all with their own name in the OSM
wiki.

I like to make these changes, but I don't have as much time as I'd like. If
we cooperate, we'll do it faster. I take this opportunity to correct some
deficiencies in the pages (missing categories, language templates, etc.) and
to order correctly all the pages related to each country's mapping project.

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/General-Discussion-f5171242.html