[OSM-talk] Removing "Wikiproject" prefix from place pages

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jul 20 18:53:01 UTC 2019

I'm in favour of dropping the "WikiProject" prefix from page titles.
It's been mildly bothering me for a while, but the amount of manual
effort involved has stopped me from doing anything about it so far.

Thanks to Daniel for being willing to tackle this! The Talk:Wiki page
and the Wiki subforum might also be good places to potentially recruit
volunteers for the task.

On 18.07.19 11:04, Harry Wood wrote:
> The idea of getting rid of the "WikiProject" page title prefix. There's
> a bit of discussion of that here
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Wiki_organisation#Page_Name_conventions.2Fguidelines

Interesting background, thanks! This kind of history isn't always easy
to find if you're not aware of it.

Tobias