[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - addition of office=diplomatic to amenity=embassy with country=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 12:10:58 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 18 giu 2019, alle ore 13:06, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> I am not certain .. but an ambassadorial residence will have entertainment functions that can mean its location may need to be known by some map users.

in Rome I am aware of the residence of the German ambassador, it isn’t a secret. There are armed guards in front and there is a plate stating “embassy of Germany”, and they may be holding events there, but it isn’t the “embassy” you would usually go to as a German citizen (there is another embassy some kilometers away where the offices for the public are located).

Not sure if this is a typical situation or whether the location of some ambassadorial residences is secret.

Ciao, Martin