[OSM-talk] Proposed mechanical edit - addition of office=diplomatic to amenity=embassy with country=*

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 11:41:35 UTC 2019

I've spent several hours creating wiki pages for the new, approved
tags from this proposal, so I'm in favor of the tags, even
office=diplomatic (which doesn't seem much of an improvement, compared
to the others).

But I'm not convinced that adding the office=diplomatic tag to
existing features is very helpful. It would be more useful to add
diplomatic=embassy/consulate/liaison and the additional subtags to
show the precise type of embassy or consulate or other diplomatic
facility, but this probably requires local survey or at least
extensive searching of web pages for every feature.