[OSM-talk] iD forces mistagging again

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 11:31:44 UTC 2019

If I understand things correctly, the original poster is reverting
perfectly fine changes to an equivalent, accepted, current tagging
scheme, because they do not want to update their own local code that
uses the data.

I can only imagine if HOT or another group started doing that.

"Our scripts were written to use the original tagging scheme from 10
years ago, and this new tagging scheme means I would have to change my
scripts, so I am just going to change all the tags back to what they
were."

lol. Someone would write another directed editing policy just to make
sure that didn't happen.

Cheers,
Blake