[OSM-talk] landuse=reservoir vs water=reservoir

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Jun 29 15:26:08 UTC 2019

29 Jun 2019, 15:42 by tomasstraupis at gmail.com:

> 2019-06-29, št, 15:53 Mateusz Konieczny rašė:
>
>>> Don't change/brake stuff that works.
>>>
>> Software supporting only landuse=reservoir or only water=reservoir for
>> detecting reservoirs is already broken and was broken for a long time.
>>

> How many maps, analysis, QA routines, presentations, documentations
> have you created to come up with such a claim?

To make such claim it is enough to look at tag statistics, history of usage
and note that water=reservoir is generally not tagged with landuse=reservoir

I am not sure why you are even asking, you are aware about this:

>  This discussion should have been done looong time ago when new water
> scheme was introduced, then damage was not this large

(though I would not describe it as damage)

29 Jun 2019, 15:42 by tomasstraupis at gmail.com:

> How many maps, analysis, QA routines, presentations, documentations
> have you created to come up with such a claim?

Feel free to check JOSM bugtracker, Github and OSM Wiki to see sample of
public contributions. I use usernames "matkoniecz" and "Mateusz Konieczny".