[OSM-talk] landuse=reservoir vs water=reservoir

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 16:55:53 UTC 2019

2019-06-29, št, 18:30 Mateusz Konieczny rašė:
>> How many maps, analysis, QA routines, presentations, documentations
>> have you created to come up with such a claim?
>
> To make such claim it is enough to look at tag statistics, history of usage
> and note that water=reservoir is generally not tagged with landuse=reservoir

  If you would have created the things I've listed above (which
consume OSM data), you would understand why I'm so opposed to random
shuffling of tags without a good reason.

  Tagging in OSM is something like an "API" to data and usually
serious organisations/companies are very strict about changes in API,
and breaking changes are only done if really really really necessary.

--
Tomas