[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:29:08 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 8:06 PM Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

> I cannot help pointing out that the EU commission is also responsible for
> one of the most ridiculous cases of improper attribution i have seen so far:
>
> https://scihub.copernicus.eu/dhus/

Well, OSM *is* attributed on the bottom-right corner of the map. The text
says: "Open Street: { Data © OpenStreetMap contributors, Rendering ©
MapServer and EOX}"

But the attribution font is so tiny that is is barely noticeable. There is
attribution, but it is debatable whether using a tiny font size makes the
attribution improper or ridiculous.