[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 14:17:31 UTC 2019

I, being a mapper in the first place, do not put OSM contribution visible
by default on webmaps I create (only after pressing data source link),
because when you have more than one data source, it is not practical to
show that much info.
My second source is altitude data (hillshade, contours, altitude points)
which requires a looong text of more than 50 characters.
Even OSM attribution takes full line on smaller (not older) phones.
Altitude data provider attribution wraps in such case.