[OSM-talk] We need to have a conversation about attribution

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sat Mar 2 19:09:11 UTC 2019

Am 02.03.2019 um 17:09 schrieb Ineiev:
> Why OSMF? the copyright holders are still the individual mappers---unless
> their copyright is transferred to someone else specifically.

Any rights that you might have in your contributions remain yours and
there is no copyright assignment, as you may see for numerous open
source projects). Consumers of OSM data are doing so on a licence
offered by the OSMF which has received the necessary rights for that
from you via the Contributor Terms.

Simon