[OSM-talk] General OSM Talk

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Mon Mar 11 10:00:46 UTC 2019

On Mon, March 11, 2019 9:23 am, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I have the impression that something that has been going on quietly,
> without much fanfare, is how many mappers now participate in quality
> assessment as part of their daily routine. The tool landscape is
> scattered - you have the old(er) cohort of general QA tools like Osmose,
> OSM Inspector, and even Keepright is still around, but you also have a
> newer generation including OsmCha and "OSM Suspects" and other more
> niche applications, and quite a few people are actually using these

Years ago I started using WhoDidIt to patrol my area of interest as part
of my gardening routine, but it was not what it was designed for: great
for visualizing where activity occurs but clunky for patrolling. OSMCHA
bridged that gap - it gives me real-time monitoring with integrated
tooling to detect bad changesets and engage (especially new mappers) with
changesets comments (though whether they respond is another matter)...
Catching them early before problems accrue beats having to deal with
accumulated errors later.