[OSM-talk] Your thoughts on osm.org

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 18:34:48 UTC 2019

Am Di., 12. März 2019 um 18:02 Uhr schrieb Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org>:

> Hi all,
>
> Here’s something I ask myself from time to time and would like to hear
> other people’s thoughts about.
>
> Imagine the openstreetmap.org home page, but without the map.
> What would the home page be about instead? What would be on it?
>
> Thanks for sharing,
> Martijn

a short video clip showing people mapping together and explaining in 3
sentences the project, finishing with links to tutorials and a big "start
mapping" register button.

Simon wrote:

> what is the purpose of the website that you can reach on openstreetmap.org
> ?

It is the business card of the project, the entrance to the osm universe.
It should be addressing those that are having first contact, because they
are most likely to go to a generic url and are the ones we can "catch". For
users it could be nice to have a kind of personizable bookmark link list
prefilled with suggestions ((local) community, documentation, data
download, quality control, changeset analysis, ....)

Cheers,
Martin