[OSM-talk] DJI Fly SafeGEO ZONE MAP uses OSM data... without attribution

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:48:29 UTC 2019

After more investigation noticed that the military facilities on OSM
that don't have name, also don't have a name on DJI also. If you search
on OSM the name of the facility based on DJI info they match... wonder why
Few users reporting that the geometry don't match in some countries (i
presume they simplified the geometry in polygon with X ammount of
vertices) or they have used other data. Compared the data from 10 EU
countries and they all match OSM.

More evidence ( compare the geometries and the coordinates of the vertices):

Wrong military base name (in English)
OSM https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/555214494/history
DJI https://screenshots.firefox.com/md51uwmdBUjSEtlI/www.dji.com

Portugal
This Maritime Police station is wrongly tagged on OSM... is also on DJI
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/444420317/history#map=19/39.42995/-9.22504&layers=N
DJI has it https://screenshots.firefox.com/CBdSziw1bg9Z58Fc/www.dji.com

OTAN terminal https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/177395459/history
DJI exact same polygon
https://screenshots.firefox.com/LZKssfpGkmjULviX/www.dji.com

Spain
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/32635137#map=18/43.45274/-3.84917
DJI https://screenshots.firefox.com/589CWyXHvrolF7Fy/www.dji.com

France
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/365823093
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/365823093>
DJI https://screenshots.firefox.com/K42sB4B5DalFx2Sr/www.dji.com

Germany
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/50156264
DJI https://screenshots.firefox.com/LzMBa9Jx0mvidAGP/www.dji.com

Hungary - Notice the divisions betweent the different military facilties
that are split...same on DJI
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/116800250/history
DJI https://screenshots.firefox.com/vO7anIZe5EEJADcQ/www.dji.com