[OSM-talk] Remove validation rule asking to add highway=footway to railway/public_transport=platform

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon May 27 18:28:59 UTC 2019

27 May 2019, 19:38 by osm at imagico.de:

> On Monday 27 May 2019, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
>

>> By default iD actively suggests to
>> - change objects modified by user (like JOSM)
>> - objects selected by user during editing
>>

> Wouldn't it be relatively simple to change the default to only touch
> features modified by the user in the version deployed on osm.org?

So that it would change from

- user selects object, info panel including "upgrade the tags" button appears
- user edits tags/geometry

- user selects object, info panel appears
- user edits tags/geometry
- "upgrade the tags" button appears

?

I admit I am not convinced that it addresses the problem.

I think that problem in in specific validator rule that is clearly unwanted by general
community* and it does not matter when and how it appears.

----

* I was adding highway=footway to man_made=pier and public_transport=platform mapped
as lines long before iD introduced this change but I still think that complaints about this rule
should be at least treated seriously

For adding highway=footway on public_transport=platform areas I disagree both with how it
was introduced and with rule itself