[OSM-talk] Remove validation rule asking to add highway=footway to railway/public_transport=platform

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Mon May 27 18:42:32 UTC 2019

On Monday 27 May 2019, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> I admit I am not convinced that it addresses the problem.
>
> I think that problem in in specific validator rule that is clearly
> unwanted by general community* and it does not matter when and how it
> appears.

Yes, i agree for this particular situation.

The idea was more as an example that it is not necessary to deploy iD in
exactly the configuration it is released with on osm.org.

I also think the label "upgrade the tags" is highly misleading for this
kind of function and the idea of having a button to manually trigger
this feature but not being transparent about what this actually does is
not a very good one.  But indeed this is somwhat sidestepping the core
issue here.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/