[OSM-talk] Power pole validation (was: mass iD validation arrives in NYC)

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue May 28 21:07:08 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:59 PM Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> 28 May 2019, 22:10 by clifford at snowandsnow.us:
>
> I don't "fix" those because the validator is just looking at a node
> without a power pole. Often their isn't a pole at that location according
> to the imagery.
>
> Sometimes proper fix for that report is to delete node placed where there
> is no pole.
>
> It's actually more complex. Often there are numerous poles that haven't
been identified but show on the image and the power lines can be many km
away from where I was mapping, in an area I'm not that familiar with.

Automated fixes need to be done with caution. Some are simple, for example,
zip codes on highway which are likely artifacts from an import. Since we
don't add postal codes on highways they can be deleted.

I was just trying to point out that JOSM has had automatic fixes built in
for some time where iD is just catching up.

--
@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us