[OSM-talk] Documenting controversial iD decisions

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue May 28 23:44:07 UTC 2019

Michael,
Don't you think to be fair that you should include all outside projects,
such as JOSM, Potlatch, CartoCSS, etc? None of them are controlled by OSMF
as far as I know. To just look at one software project seems like we
already reached a decision, we just need the data to back it up.

Best,
Clifford

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 3:47 PM Michael Reichert <osm-ml at michreichert.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started documenting controversial decisions by the maintainers of iD
> at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ID/Controversial_Decisions
>
> Currently, only the highway=footway and the nonsquare=yes issue are
> mentioned.
>
> Please feel free to add other issues which have proofed controversial so
> far. Don't forget to summarise the opinion of the maintainer as well to
> aim at least some neutrality as far as it is possible for those involved
> in the disputes. Please add links to relevant discussions as well.
>
> Best regards
>
> Michael
>

> --

@osm_washington