[OSM-talk] How to Translate Strings in OSM to other languages

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:12:54 UTC 2019

You might just try osmand as well.  You can set the language to be
displayed and if the item isn't tagged in Tamil it will display the
English tag.

Using JOSM you can select assets with and without values.  So you can
find those places with just an English name.  Create a second layer,
download a one inch square with nothing in it then copy the places you
need to add names to the second layer and save the file.

Now you have an xml file that you can play with certainly as far as
seeing which places need extra name tags in.

Cheerio John

Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>