[OSM-talk] Regional mapping practices study — please fill

Ilya Zverev ilya at zverev.info
Thu Oct 10 15:08:33 UTC 2019

Hi folks,

For the next local SotM conference, which will be in Kosovo in two weeks, I chose a topic on regional mapping specifics. Like, how practices in Europe differ from States’ mapping, or how mappers in Russia and Belarus tag things differently.

I would like your help: to make the talk more specific, I’d like to have a big picture of regional differences. And since that might include things not documented in the wiki, I have made a questionnaire.

Please fill this form: https://forms.gle/66spMaTWuerGxxUY6 <https://forms.gle/66spMaTWuerGxxUY6>

Your answer won’t perish in depths of academic research papers: I plan at least to publish all the answers, anonymised. At most — to write a follow-up highlighting regional differences.

Feel free to answer as verbose or as briefly as you like.

Thank you,
Ilya