[OSM-talk] Should a deleted user's chainset list be removed?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 11 09:44:07 UTC 2019

Hi

I was in a conversation with a user who's account has since been
deleted. Unsure if it was by admin or self removed.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/user_7411226 (When he was editing his
username was 'Stonemill2')

As you can see his previous chainsets are now unviewable. When they
were, I noticed a few dubious edits that I was planning to double check
in case they required reverting/amending. Is there a way to see them?

As it stands it means those intent on vandalism could create an account,
deliberately add erroneous data, then delete leaving no traceable record
of their edits.

Is this related to GDPR?

DaveF.