[OSM-talk] [Osmf-talk] Attribution guideline status update

Nuno Caldeira nunocapelocaldeira at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 17:37:23 UTC 2019

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 17:29 Kathleen Lu, <kathleen.lu at mapbox.com> wrote:

> I'm curious as to the reason for your doubts, Nuno. Are you aware of case
> law to the contrary?

I'm just surprised we adopted a license that seems to be useless in USA,
according to corporate interpretation of the license even if it's for
commercial purposes. Seems like we have a public domain license after all.
Thank god these companies are not Corporate members of OSMF, don't need to
give a good example and neither provide worldwide services.
Reminds me of cruise ship registrations or tax heavens. Seem we also have
license heavens.