[OSM-talk] Tagging Governance

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Wed Sep 11 15:54:14 UTC 2019

Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> Changing to a github-like system of version management would
> require some people to serve as "maintainers" or "moderators"
> of the new, curated list of Map Features / Tags, wouldn't it? While
> this could be an improvement in the quality and consistency of
> how decisions are made, it would also limit participation and
> centralize decision-making.

You misunderstand. I'm not proposing "changing to" anything, but rather,
providing an _additional_ source of edited/curated documentation. The wiki
would continue doing what the wiki does. Same principle as switch2osm.

Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/General-Discussion-f5171242.html