[OSM-talk] stalking, or stepping on someone's toes (area) ?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Sep 19 22:33:53 UTC 2019

There are some tools like osmcha.mapbox.com that allows users to watch
edits in specific areas. For example, I watch for new editors in my state.
I also watch all edits in a wide geographical area around me.

I'm sorry that the person is not giving you better feedback on how to
improve. Feel free to post a changeset comment to help us understand the
issue better and to offer suggestions on how to edit the feature. That is
assuming that the other person knows what they are talking about.

Best,
Clifford

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:34 PM 80hnhtv4agou--- via talk <
talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

>     Are there programs that are spying on me, like they do in wikipedia –
> wikidata in real time, that is see
>
> what i am doing , or is there a way of seeing  point edits by name, that
> is every time someone edits, adds
>
> a certain  named point ?
>
>    Every time i go out on the  bus (no car) a few miles from my on the
> ground area
>
> and see things like new bus stops, etc. when i get back to my computer i
> add them to the map
>
> if they were of course not there, and every time someone comes along and
> changes things
>
> or adds things in that area based on tracing and not real time.
>
> also i get messages from the same person with bus stops saying i have done
> it wrong
>
> without telling where it is a rule, it seems this one person controls all
> bus routes in a
>
> 3,446 square miles area, but does not add all the stops and “the bus will
> stops anywhere
>
> along the route where it is safe to do so” and these are where i pick up
> the bus
>
> and there not all on his downloaded list or live map.

@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us
OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch