[OSM-talk] Funding of three infrastructure projects : Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch 2

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:06:58 UTC 2020

On 02/08/2020 15:41, Sören Reinecke via talk wrote:
> Also Linux is the future. Every application that cannot run under
> Linux will fail in the long run. Remember that Windows shouldn't be
> the main target platform anymore because it is dying and the society
> is to blame that they don't get it.

That's crossed off "Poe's law" on my "mailing list bingo" card :)

>         On Sun, Aug 2, 2020, 08:54 pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net
>         <mailto:pangose at riseup.net>> wrote:
>

>             You did not present a single usecase that is not covered
>             already by one of the other free software editors so I'm
>             guessing you will have a hard time convincing your peers
>             to team up around yet another editor, but I might be wrong.

I can't speak for Richard, but over the years I've asked several "how do
you do X in JOSM" questions - look for ones with JOSM in the title at
https://help.openstreetmap.org/users/387/someoneelse .  Some of the
things there were supported by JOSM when I asked (often it's just a
question of knowing what plugin to install), some weren't when I asked
but are now, and some still, as far as I am aware, can't be done yet.

If you believe that I'm wrong then please add the relevant information
to the questions on the OSM help site explain how to do the things that
I'm asking about (GPX track waypoint handling is the biggest missing
piece of functionality for me, so you can start with that one if you wish).

Best Regards,

Andy