[OSM-talk] Funding of three infrastructure projects : Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch 2

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:52:44 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 2. Aug 2020, at 17:09, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> GPX track waypoint handling is the biggest missing piece of functionality for me, so you can start with that one if you wish

I guess this is about not handling symbols? Because Josm does show waypoints and their names. Did you try to open an issue in the josm trac? It seems a reasonable problem and the solution seems easy to implement as well (at least concetenating the sym value to the name could probably be done in 5 minutes by someone who knows the josm code, if you want actual symbols it could be more work to find suitable artwork of course, assuming that the garmin symbols are copyrighted).
There’s also a visual c program that I used in 2008 on windows to do this, it is still around (and maybe can be used with mono?), source code is also available, sym2name
http://www.dimitri-junker.de/html/body_openstreetmap.html#sym2name

Cheers Martin