[OSM-talk] Funding of three infrastructure projects : Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch 2

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 10:26:53 UTC 2020

On 04/08/2020 11:19, pangoSE wrote:
> I would recommend you to use another way to archive this. Open OsmAnd
> on your phone and add a POI directly. You can add tags too if you
> remember them. Then upload directly to OSM.
> No JOSM or GPX file handling neccesary.

I use Vespucci for exactly that (no, I'm not on commission - other
mobile editors are available!) but often you need to take information
from all sorts of different sources (imagery, my GPS information, what I
wrote down what I was there, other people's GPS traces, etc. etc.) and
that really needs a desktop editor.

Best Regards,

Andy