[OSM-talk] Funding of three infrastructure projects : Nominatim, osm2pgsql, Potlatch 2

Mike Nice steve.barkto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:08:30 UTC 2020

On 8/4/2020 7:21 AM, pangoSE wrote:
> I suggest we wait for ruffle to be ready and then compile P2 to first wasm and then decompile it into C and then translate it into rust.
> It can then be cleaned up and shipped to both as a desktop application and a wasm binary run in the browser.
ruffle ->  wasm -> C -> rust is unlikely to be useful. Sure it might
run, but all program comments will have been stripped.  The automatic C
-> Rust step is likely to generate unsafe mode code that must be cleaned
up to fully see the benefits of Rust.   And finally, the result would
not be maintainable over the long term without a huge amount of cleanup.