[OSM-talk] Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM

mmd mmd.osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:47:43 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-09 13:05, pangoSE wrote:
> These are valid concerns. See my response to James.
> If Wikimedia should become uncooperative we could easily set up our own
> wikibase installation. See https://www.wbstack.com/

Our own Wiki.openstreetmap.org already has a wikibase installed. You're
not proposing to install another one?

> In case we take this route I would recommend having another prefix than
> Q for our unique ids.

IIRC, Yuri already tried that when implementing Wikibase on our own
wiki, and it turned out to be massively complicated, not to say not
feasible at all. Didn't you follow that discussion back then?