[OSM-talk] Separating all metadata from coordinates in OSM into a wikibase instance (Was: Re: Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Aug 9 13:28:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 8/9/20 14:29, pangoSE wrote:
> I therefore suggest we create a wikibase instance called OSMData and
> migrate all our tags into that system.

I don't see the merit, and your idea of putting that database under CC0
is not feasible as it would amount to a license change. I think that
"linked data" is a hype that you are succumbing to. I also think that
your use of the term "metadata" is wrong - in my mind, metadata would be
data about the survey process (like e.g. a source tag), not qualities of
objects we survey.

Bye
Frederik