[OSM-talk] Separating all metadata from coordinates in OSM into a wikibase instance (Was: Re: Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM)

stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Mon Aug 10 01:32:22 UTC 2020

On Aug 9, 2020, at 5:29 AM, pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net> wrote:
> The discussion below spawned the following idea of migrating the whole tags system instead.
(an over engineered proposal largely, as Frederick says and I agree with, goosed by the "hype of linked data.")

I politely vote "No."  I don't see the merit (again echoing Frederick).  While I'm only one person and one vote and perhaps a bit more vocal than most, I feel it important to express the opinion of "very strongly against."

SteveA