[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Aug 9 19:38:17 UTC 2020

"riding the current ride in open data" - I am confused what is the meaning of that

"scripting support for botmakers" - as a bot operator and a bot author I am confused what is
supposed to be missing

"support for references and linking interactively to other data sources" - we have that,
see wikidata tag for example

"talk pages if we want that for every osmid" - changeset comments and notes
seem sufficient

"SPARQL support" - we have already some wikidata/OSM query engine and overpass turbo
And frankly Overpass is much nicer that SPARQL (this may be just me).

"Bots are very useful" - maybe, but it is 100% possible to have bots already so I am
confused why it is mentioned

"possibility we don't have today regarding integration with e.g. wikidata." - given
what kind of ideas appear thanks to current wikidata integration (like deprecating name tag)
I prefer reducing wikidata integration rather than deepening it (or, the best solution - keep it as is)

Aug 9, 2020, 21:01 by pangose at riseup.net: