[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 20:02:44 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 9. Aug 2020, at 21:04, pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> E.g. permanent unique ids, talk pages if we want that for every osmid, SPARQL support, standardization benefits "riding the current ride in open data"

somehow you can have this already through the integration of wikidata: just add a wikidata reference to an object and you could decide to ignore all OpenStreetMap tags and rely only on wikidata (although it would not be advisable IMHO, looking at where wikidata is currently, you would loose lots of relevant information).

Cheers Martin