[OSM-talk] Separating all metadata from coordinates in OSM into a wikibase instance (Was: Re: Roadmap for deprecation of name tags in OSM)

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Mon Aug 10 06:13:13 UTC 2020

On 8/9/20 07:29, pangoSE wrote:
> Of course this is also a big change which has to be considered carefully.
>
> I believe linked data is the only sane way to go forward when it comes
> to metadata.
[...]

I think this adds a huge amount of complexity for a highly dubious
benefit. I'd also vote no and if this somehow came to pass anyway, I
feel so strongly about it that I'd consider starting a new project and
forking the current data model (a la FOSM around the time of the license
change).

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com