[OSM-talk] Call for verification (Was: Re: VANDALISM !)

pangoSE pangose at riseup.net
Sat Aug 22 08:39:14 UTC 2020

Hi again

Mateusz Konieczny via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org> skrev: (22 augusti 2020 10:20:51 CEST)
>Nobody claims OpenStreetMap data contains no mistakes.
>
>Are you really expecting that we will be shocked by proof that
>some data somewhere is wrong?

No. Are you shocked by my constructive criticism and constructive suggestions for improvement of what I perceive as a problem?

>Please stop posting about every single inaccurate data in OSM that you
>managed to notice.

You seem to have the impression that I'm going to spam the list with examples of errors. Where did you get that idea from? I only included Marjins example because it showed 2 things related to my call for verification:

1) people capable of mapping correctly can produce map errors because our subject changes over time. This means that what I map today correctly might be incorrect next month or next year.

2) Martijn had the intention of producing high quality data but we as a community did not help him archive that over time because we have no system e.g. that could alert him if an object he created has not been verified/changed for the last x years. I would love to have a telegram bot notify me when one of my objects has passed a certain threshold of staleness.

Cheers
pangoSE