[OSM-talk] I’m running for OSMF board and I’ve set up office hours for questions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:54:17 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 2. Dez. 2020 um 09:51 Uhr schrieb Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) <
robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 2 Dec 2020 at 03:41, Michal Migurski <mike at teczno.com> wrote:
>
> > Facebook is in compliance with the ODbL license which requires that
> attribution be “reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views,
> accesses, interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced Work
> aware” of OSM’s contribution to a map.
>
> Are you seriously claiming that *every* person who views one of the
> maps on Facebook, will either already know that it uses OpenStreetMap
> data, or will click on the faint "(i)" logo to find that out?

yes, this short exchange already demonstrates that there is an evident
conflict of interest huge like a skyscraper, implicit in being employed by
facebook and serving on the OSM board. By not acknowledging the obvious
insufficiency of attribution but rather trying to defend it, Michal has
provided the necessary information to evaluate where he stands. Thank you,
no more questions.

Cheers
Martin