[OSM-talk] Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behavior in the OSM Community

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 9 19:34:15 UTC 2020

I have been silent about this but when a document is drafted where only
supporters will be heard, I have to speak out in Frederiks support.
I have seen no systemic aggressive behaviour that demotivates and
excludes participation by women and minority groups in OSM or behaviour
that degrades the spirit of open community culture, and damages the
OpenStreetMap reputation from Frederik.

If you then feel that I am part of the problem, I am saddened and hurt
by that because I do not feel myself that way. I have never been
non-supportive of anyone in this community or any other.
I feel this is more a witchhunt than anything else. If you can not make
an analogy then conversation and discussion is lost and I do not see how
this comment would degrade women. It degrades the maker of the comment,
i.e. Trump.

Regards,
Maarten