[OSM-talk] Attribution guideline update

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:22:21 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 19 feb 2020, alle ore 16:37, Michal Migurski <mike at teczno.com> ha scritto:
>
> For our purposes, this is a better definition because it’s defined in terms of what a viewer can see rather than its implementation in hardware.

contrary to what I had written above I agree that the requirement/definition should be based on css-pixels because actual pixels are hard to know/control (if you design a website you cannot control/forsee the devices that people use to look at it, you base your layout on these theoretical css-pixels).
But I stick to the comment that 500px are far too many (=1000 actual retina pixels or 1500 px on a retina at 3). 200px seems perfectly ok for rendering a readable attribution string and still having some space left. There is no technical problem with lack of space for 200px wide maps.

Cheers Martin