[OSM-talk] [Tagging] nomoj de internaciaj objektoj / nazwy obiektów międzynarodowych / names of international objects

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Tue Feb 25 21:54:12 UTC 2020

I'm afraid that the conclusion you summarize here is not at all reached.

we have reached the conclusion on the pointless point: "we discuss in
English".

as for the values of the `name` tag:

I prefer to see "Adriatic Sea" rather than nothing.

I prefer "Mare Adriatico" to "Adriatic Sea".

I definitely question the choice of the editor who wrote "Gulf of
Trieste" for a piece of sea that borders with Italy (in an area where
Friuls is a recognized language), and Slovenia.

and I have suggested that the problem would vaporize if we added a
language identifier to the tile request.

I'm very much interested in reading reactions to this.

MF