[OSM-talk] mapping outside Europe

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Tue Jan 7 19:53:11 UTC 2020

On 07/01/2020 14:38, Marc Gemis wrote:
> Since OSM is a do-ocracy, do not complain, but write the wiki page you
> want to see

that's fine, and I've been doing that for Panama, and for Morocco, but I
do not like mapping without having reached a consensus.

for that, we need other mappers to contribute to the discussion, and I
never managed to get any far on this in the wiki (actually, not even in
the changeset comments).  in particular Panama, none of the local
mappers seem to use the wiki, just check the authorship statistics.  I'm
not complaining, I'm stating an observed fact.  there's cultures where
reading is more common than in others.  I'm generalizing, which will
always have counterexamples, but if you ask children here (Latin
America) about a fairy tale, if they know it, they will tell you if they
have **seen** it, not read it.

so you say: just revolutionize the overview for the highway tag, without
first reaching a consensus?  or I understood you wrong? or replace the
Eurocentric pictures with Panama and Morocco pics? an edit like this
will be reverted after 15 minutes!

MF