[OSM-talk] mapping outside Europe

Mario Frasca mario at anche.no
Tue Jan 7 20:01:15 UTC 2020

On 07/01/2020 14:53, Mario Frasca wrote:
> so you say: just revolutionize the overview for the highway tag,
> without first reaching a consensus?  or I understood you wrong? or
> replace the Eurocentric pictures with Panama and Morocco pics? an edit
> like this will be reverted after 15 minutes!

ah, no, I see, you suggest to take inspiration from the
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_Tag_Africa, or the German
(very complete) overview How-to-map-a.  both pages which I did not know.

quite a bit of work, but who knows we manage to motivate the Latam group
for this.

will put it on my personal to-do list, but if others from Latam are
reading here, they can add their comments and ideas.

MF