[OSM-talk] [Tagging] Tagging the local language

Martin Constantino–Bodin martin.bodin at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jan 10 15:06:58 UTC 2020

I fully agree. I was only taking the example of South America because
its language community is relatively simple given the size of its area ☺
But I agree that it’s probably not something that we should actually
map. Sorry about that: it wasn’t clear in my message.

About oceans, would you advise to not map them entirely, or to use
tricks like the “place=neighbourhood” one (which is based on POIs rather
than polygons)? It feels like both solutions could be problematical.

Regards,
Martin.