[OSM-talk] Could/should editors detect/disallow huge changeset bboxes?

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:43:44 UTC 2020

> Yes please - I am using Osmcha to look at changesets around me and i
have a high number of changesets which span half Europe and thus
intersect with the area i am looking at.
Side note to this discussion — in OSMCha you can filter out these wide spanning changesets with “Bbox size bound” filter. If a changeset is larger than the bbox filter area multiplied by this value, it’s filtered out.
That doesn’t help if features in large changesets are actually in your area of interest. Would definitely be better if these unintentional  large changesets were reduced at the source.
Mikel