[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Google earth, Google maps

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:56:23 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 11:20 AM 80hnhtv4agou--- via Talk-us <
talk-us at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I am not copying any thing, just looking at a satellite view from google
.

> it was a ruler.
This isn't really about OSM, it is about the Google Maps Terms of Service,
which by using Google Maps, you agree to abide by.  This states in part:
"you may not ...use Google Maps/Google Earth to create or augment any other
mapping-related dataset..." This would include the ruler I would think as
well as "looking at a satellite view."