[OSM-talk] Paid mapping

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 21:48:47 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 22. Jun 2020, at 23:18, Mateusz Konieczny via talk <talk at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> These had been changed from highway unclassified surface unpaved to highway=track by a mapper with Apple connections.
> Can you link them? I would revert them as tagging for renderer if original mapping
> was correct.

sure, but how would you know the way is an unpaved unclassified road and not a track? You would need local knowledge. Well, what you could probably guess correctly, is that every settlement will be reachable through at least one road and not just tracks. If a road is the only connection between 2 settlements, it is probably a road.

Cheers Martin